Frequently Asked Questions
If I have questions regarding the application and/or process where do I go?
Who should I choose to be my references?
- Someone who knows you well who has volunteered or worked closely with you
- They can be:
- MSC alumni or current class
- Community, business or civic leader
- Please refer references to our online form
Is an interview required as a part of the process?
- No, interviews will be conducted as needed
How is my application and membership fee used?
- The fees help cover the operational expenses of the organization, in conjunction with donations
What if I cannot pay the membership fee?
- Scholarships are available on a case-by-case basis, and may be requested
- Payment plans are offered
- If you are in this situation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternate arrangements
What are the MSC committees?
- Bus Stop Project
How are the alumni involved?
- Board members, committee chairs and committee members
- Support of current/future MSC classes through attending events or meetings
- Serving as mentors to current class members through MSC Connect
- Making financial or in-kind donations
What are the commitments of the MSC class?
When are the MSC meetings?
- Learn: Monthly Corporate Meetings are the last Tuesday of the month, except for November and December
- Connect: Social Events occur throughout the year
- Serve: Volunteer opportunities and Impact project meetings are usually on the weekend or in the evening
How involved is the Mayor in the MSC?
- The Mayor is the co-founder of MSC and serves as the honorary chairman of the board
- The Mayor supports MSC and through attendance and/or speaking at meetings and/or events
- Occasionally the Mayor provides additional opportunities to work with his office. This is a great opportunity to support key initiatives in Dallas.
What is the benefit to me as an MSC member?
- Interaction with the Mayor of Dallas and his office
- Widespread network across industry and community leaders and peers in Dallas
- Individual mentorship with key city leaders
- Participation in key issues impacting the city
- Interaction with other YP groups in Dallas