If accepted for the 2017-2018 MSC Class,
MSC Members commit to:
- Submit $500 Membership dues by August 11, 2017, after the 2017-18 MSC Class is announced.
- Applicants are welcome to contribute beyond the $500 Membership dues at an amount of your comfort level.
- Dues can be paid by the member directly, as a corporate sponsorship, or raised individually by the member. Scholarships are available and are awarded on an as-needed basis.
- Attendance at all mandatory Mayor’s Star Council Corporate Meetings and Projects, including the Retreat (dates will be provided in May.)
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of the 2018-2019 MSC Class.
- Attend monthly Committee meetings for the Committee you serve on (if a meeting is held in a given month for your Committee). Each MSC Committee Chair sets dates for their respective Committee meetings. MSC Members are able to submit preferences as to which committee they'd like to serve on.
- Contact your MSC Committee Chair one week in advance to ensure they know why you are unable to attend so they can provide you with action items or objectives before the meeting.
- Send updates to your MSC Committee Chair prior to the meeting (this applies for both the Corporate and Committee meetings).
- An estimated time commitment of 15 hours a month for MSC Members (30 hours a month for MSC Committee Chairs).
- Respond to any correspondence or requests from the MSC Class Chair or your MSC Committee Chair in a timely manner.
- Actively participate in an MSC Alumni Association after graduation and to support and act as Mentors to future MSC Members.
- MSC Attendance Policy: Only two (2) meetings can be missed, including excused absences. Any member missing more than 2 (two) meetings will be dismissed from the program. No exceptions.