2017-2018 Mayor’s Star Council (MSC)
The MSC is a volunteer group of emerging leaders in the City of Dallas. MSC Members are selected to work alongside Mayor Mike Rawlings and his office to represent a culturally diverse and civically minded group of volunteers that come from a wide array of vocational backgrounds. MSC has accepted the challenge from our Mayor to embrace and engage the city rather than simply inheriting leadership roles in the future.
The Mayor's Star Council is about leadership in action and we serve in various facets throughout the city. During our meetings each month, we take time to learn more about our city and engage in discussions with business, nonprofit and civic leaders. We are not satisfied with simply discussing the issues of our city, but rather we want to be a part of the solution through impact. MSC members also have opportunities to connect with business and civic leaders through networking and mentorship. Participation in the MSC has three primary benefits and pillars.
- Learn: Engage with city and business leaders that share knowledge, experience and expertise with MSC members.
- Connect: Through peer engagement with members and alumni, connecting with city leaders, and mentorship, members will build new impactful connections.
- Serve: MSC works in partnership with initiatives from the Mayor's office and other key leaders and organizations in the community.
MSC class members engage with peers who share the same passion for improving our city and gain valuable experience for becoming a civic leader in Dallas. While not officially affiliated with the city, the MSC works alongside the Mayor's office, and as such, the MSC projects reflect the priorities set forth by the Mayor.
MSC meetings are primarily scheduled before or after business hours to give you maximum flexibility to meet both work and MSC commitments.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED.
A complete application will include:
- Application, includes essays & short answers
- References (2) (refer to online form)
- Application Fee: $35 (refer to online payment form)
- Email and attach a professional headshot and professional resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (2 separate attachments)
- File names for both your headshot and resume should be your first and last name
- Place MSC Application (YOUR NAME) in the subject line